Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pittsburgh Being In The Super Bowl Is Bad For NFL

What do you think of when you someone says give me one word to describe the Pittsburgh Steelers. Some might say ferocious cause of they have the best defense in the NFL. Others might say conservative because they rely a lot of the running game and less on the arm of Big Ben. If I had to describe them in one word it would be boring. Now before people go and shoot me let me explain my reasoning. I know defense wins championship in any sport, and Pittsburgh's is one of the best in the business but they don't have the flair factor. A thing where you look at the team and say wow they are fun to watch. Luckily for the Steelers they are playing a team which has been wowing football fans all across the country the past few weeks with their flashy offensive displays. Larry Fitzgerald has been nothing short of spectacular catching the football. Kurt Warner is making people debate whether he is a Hall of Famer or not. For the Steelers its defense and really only defense.

What's So Special About Big Ben?
I don't get all the hype about Ben Rothlisberger I just don't. Yes he is a guy who has won over 50 games in the first five years as a starting quarterback. I will say that is impressive but his game really isn't. This season he has thrown for 17 touchdowns and 15 interceptions while getting sacked 46 times because he is slow. He hasn't had a quarterback rating over 100 since Week 7 against the Bengals. Yet he is getting the spotlight. He says he is going to make up for his bad performance in the last Super Bowl he was in which he went 9/21 123 yards 2 INT's, but I don't see it coming true. If the Steelers win Super Bowl XLIII it will be because of the defense, not because Ben Roethlisberger lead them to a game winning drive.

Prediction
I am hoping to see some great commercials especially for Bud Light and I hope and pray Arizona doesn't fall flat after having two weeks off. Kurt Warner I already think is in the Hall of Fame, but he can punch his ticket to Canton with a win on Sunday. I think you can guess that I am taking the Cardinals to finish the Cinderella story and walk away from Tampa with a win on Sunday. I want to apologize for my long stint away I have been rather busy but I hope to be back now for a long time to come.

No comments: