Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Letter To Brett Favre

So if you are like me you are pretty sick and tired of ESPN reporting every little text message Brett Favre sends to the entire world regarding his thoughts of coming back to the NFL for the 17th billion time. Yes when Brett Favre made his decision to retire in early March I honored the great NFL quarterback. But now instead of taking the Joe Montana or John Elway road into retirement he is taking more the Vinny Testaverde or Warren Moon approach to it (basically hanging on until no team wants him anymore). I personally think Favre has nothing left to prove to us. So I have decided to write a note to Brett to hopefully set him straight.

Dear Mr Brett Favre,

I know you could give a rats ass about a 20 year old kid from Iowa's opinion on your return to the NFL saga but I am gonna give it to you anyway. Its simple....don't come back. I mean seriously Brett you have played for 17 seasons you own every good (and some bad) NFL records and the biggest thing every player in the National Football player is after and thats a Super Bowl ring. Yes it will be weird not seeing you take the huddle with the Green Bay Packers next season but its time to hang up the jersey. I mean I dunno what your feelings towards Aaron Rodgers are but seriously the young guy has more pressure on him than probably any quarterback having to replace a legend ever has. Its been nice seeing you play and we will see you in Canton in 2012.

Sincerely,

Nate Gonner

College Basketball Minute
The UConn Huskies, one of the teams that will eventually make their way into my Preseason Top 25, have released their Big East schedule for the 2008-2009 season. That include two games against Notre Dame, Seton Hall, and Pittsburgh. UConn’s BIG EAST regular season home games will be against Georgetown, Providence, Rutgers, USF, Syracuse and Villanova. UConn’s road BIG EAST games will be at Cincinnati, DePaul, Louisville, Marquette, St. John's and West Virginia. Speaking of Pittsburgh they are my #2 team on my Preseason top 25. If they can stay healthy this team has the depth, led by DeJuan Blair, Levance Fields, and Sam Young, to cut down the nets in April.
Gonners View Preaseason Top 25
1) North Carolina
2) Pittsburgh

2 comments:

Apryl DeLancey said...

Dear Mr. Favre,
This chick (a little bit more than 20) from California agrees. Thank you for some great football and we'll catch you at the induction ceremony.

Sportsattitude said...

Dear Mr. Favre,

I just turned fifty and can remember you playing in college let alone your stellar NFL career. That being said, you tarnish your legacy every day with this will I/won't I comeback scenario and now your trying to hold a franchise hostage who has put up with this wishy-washy nonsense for almost three years now. Please go away.